Step 1: Gather supplies
- Cardstock (alternatively you can use 3x5 index cards, but they will be less like a book and be more susceptible to damage from wear)
- A cutting tool, straightedge and cutting board for cutting the paper and cardstock (I used a pocketknife for the cardstock and the instructions. You can use other cutting tools as available.)
- Scissors (to cut the felt)
- Wide colored tape (I have blue duct tape)
- Instructions for the game you want to include (optional)
Step 2: Optional - Preparing the Instructions
- When I printed the page, I put a border line at the top and the bottom of the instructions to ensure I'd end up with a page that cut properly. You can see this in the instructions displayed in the image of the materials.
- I used the straightedge and pocketknife to cut the page
- I then folded the page leaving one section to be glued to the book.
Step 3: Creating the book cover
- Then, I took the duct tape and taped both sides, leaving about a Â½" gap between the covers of the book to give it more of a 'book' appearance and to allow it to be folded easier..
- A couple of hints.
o The cardstock had a back side that ended up being the inside of the book.
o Also, since I didn't want the duct tape seam to show, the seam is on the inside of the book.