This yo yo is made of 3/4 inch birch plywood and can sleep for about 5 seconds and then dies (this is because of my lack of supplies or in other words i just didn't have a bearing to make it spin) it works well and costs less then ten bucks so thats a plus.
Hope this helps you guys out!
Step 1: Supplies/Materials
2) A drill press
3) A a 2 1/4 inch bore i think is what it is called with a drill bit in the center to get the axel centered (or pick your size)
4) A 2 inch bolt and locking nut (mine is a 1/4 inch bolt and nut)
5) Some sort of spacer for the center (a bearing is perfect but if you don't have one like i don't then a nylon fastener or the little blue spacers in k-nex sets work perfectly.
6) Yo-yo string (LeumasYrrep has a good instructable on this if you want homemade)
7) A sander, sand paper, or file to smooth edges (belt sanders work marvelously)
8) Two washers to go on the outside of the yo yo for stability