Today i will show you how to make real homemade gunpowder!
It's very easy to make and requires only 3 ingredients!
So... Let's start :)
P.S. In the video i burned less then a gram of gunpowder! So be careful
Step 1: Ingredients
You will need:
- Charcoal ( just burn down some wood or buy from a garden store ).
- Sulfur ( you can find sulfur in garden stores as fertilizer ).
- Potassium or sodium nitrate ( you can find Potassium or sodium nitrate in garden stores as fertilizer ).
- Scales ( i am from europe so i am using grams to measure everything, but ounces will work...)
- some containers, and something to crush the chemicals.
Step 2: Scaling
So the recipe is:
- 75% potassium or sodium nitrate
- 15% charcoal
- 10% sulfur
I am making 100g of gunpowder, so you will need:
- 75g potassium or sodium nitrate
- 15g charcoal
- 10g sulfur
If you are doing everything with ounces, just calculate your weight, for one ounce you will need:
- 0.75oz potassium or sodium nitrate
- 0.15oz charcoal
- 0.1oz sulfur
I RECOMMEND TO NOT MIX EVERYTHING UP YET!
Step 3: Crushing Things
Now you will need to crush your ingredients to powder.
Simply, get an open container, or a bowl , pick up a marker or something and crush your not - powder ingredients.
IF ALL YOUR INGREDIENTS ARE IN POWDER FORM, SKIP THIS STEP.
Step 4: Mixing Everything
Now, take a bag or something, and mix everything up!
Don't worry about sulfur pieces, it's nothing :)
Congratulations! You made your own gunpowder!
To test it, simply light a little bit of it :)
If you want to make it explode, simply put the gunpowder to sealed container, insert a fuse, and light it up :)