Step 4: Body
To make the body, start with a suitable trash can/hamper/cylindrical object. It should be light and comfortably fit over your shoulders. Also try to use something thin so it breathes well during the costume party. After that, the steps are simple:
- Measure the hamper and cut enough red fabric to fit around it, with a few inches sticking up on top of the hamper
- Stitch the fabric in place
- Use a piece of elastic to make a neck on top of the hamper
- Cut a hole for your head on top of the body
- Cut a star out of white foamboard and hot glue it to the fabric, on the opposite side of the seam
- Try it on!