Introduction: Honey Cilantro Garlic Cornbread Muffins With Lemon-Lime Cream Cheese Spread
So after reading about the challenge I kept pondering the 3 key ingredients. Then it hit me cornbread! i love a tasty cornbread muffin so why not try to toss up the average cornbread muffin.
Step 1: Ingredients and Equipment
*1 box Honey Cornbread Mix [Cornbread mix ingredients and baking instructions vary brand to brand, * are the ingredients listed on the box mix.]
*2/3 cup milk
*1/3 cup oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped
1 cup corn
1 lemon zested
1/3 a cup lime juice
1 8ox box cream cheese
wire cooling rack
Step 2: Making the Muffins
1. Mince garlic and place in the bowl.
2. Roughly chop the cilantro and add it to the bowl.
3. Add the dry cornbread mix to the bowl and add the corn.
4. Mix contents of the bowl.
5. Add the wet ingredients and mix.
6. Preheat the oven according to the directions on the box and prep muffin tins,
7. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full.
8. Place in the oven and let bake.
9. Remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack,
Step 3: The Spread!
1. Zest the lemon.
2. Add the cream cheese and lemon zest to the mixer bowl.
3. Add the lime juice.
4. Whip the ingredients together and place in bowl.
Step 4: Garnish and Serve
1. Cut a few slices of lemon and place in bowl with spread.
2. Add a few sprigs of cilantro.
3. Dust with some salt and pepper
4. Plate muffins and serve!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.