My Rules for Lip Care
1. If I’m going to be outside for more than a few minutes I make sure I have a balm covering my lips. This covers the skin with a nice barrier to protect it from the wind and sun.
2. After I brush my teeth I apply lip balm and if my lips feel even the least bit dry I apply a bit of honey on them before bed. Honey acts as a humectant (a substance that attracts and retains moisture) -when I wake up my lips are revived and they taste awfully sweet .
On to the recipe!
Step 1: Materials you'll need
- A double boiler or melting pot (I use a melting pot- as seen in the first photo)
- A glass jar (to mix the ingredients into)
- a metal spoon (to stir the ingredients)
- a metal tsp for measuring
- The recipe yields 1/2 ounce. Just enough to put inside the lid of a bottle. I use a top from an old spice bottle.