The above recipe is unique and self-invented using ingredients that would not be possible without honey bees such as Berries (Strawberry,Blueberry), Nuts ,Spices(Cardamom,Cinnamon) and Honey. The cookie base is done using nuts and the top syrup is done using fruits with honey. The cinnamon added a distinct flavour to the cookie base and cardamom to the fruit syrup. The end results was appealing with a honey comb shape and had a great taste.
Step 1: Cookie Base Ingredients
Wheat Flour (Atta) - 1 cup [I have used Aashirvaad atta]
Roasted gram - 1/2 cup
Almonds (soaked and skin removed) - 4 to 5
Wholewheat bread - 2 slices (with sides removed)
Butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar -1/2 cup
Cinnamon -1 small stick
Oil - 2 to 3 tablespoon
Salt - a pinch
Step 2: How to Make the Cookie Base
(1) - Mix and blend all the cookie base ingredients together one by one until a dough (2) is formed.
(3) - With the dough, make small balls and long cylindrical shapes using your hands
(4) - Slightly flatten the small to form a hexagonal shape
(5) - Using a long cylindrical shape,carefully outline and press along the hexagonal shape of the dough. Doing so, it gives a shallow depth to the cookie base. Similarly do with the remaining dough.
This is form the base of our honey comb look like cookie
Step 3: Finished Look of the Cookie Base
- Pre-heat the oven at 250 degree Celsius for about 7 to 8 minutes .
- In the mean time, grease a baking sheet with a small amount of butter and transform the hexagonal honey comb shape one by one onto it making sure that the shapes touch each other.
- Now, carefully place the baking tray into the oven and bake for about 12 to 15 min until cookies are set and lightly browned around the edges.
- Finally remove the cooked cookie base carefully from the oven and let it cool down to set for about 5 to 10 min.
Step 4: Fruit Syrup Ingredients
Strawberries - about 4 to 5
Blueberries - 12 to 14 (or as per requirement)
Honey - 4 to 5 tbsp
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Cardamon crushed - 2 to 3 pods
Step 5: How to Make Fruit Syrup for the Cookie Base
(1) Remove the stem from the strawberries and clean them along with the blueberries.
(2) Mix and blend all the fruit syrup ingredients as mentioned above (except honey) using a blender and keep aside.
(3) Pour a small amount of water in a bowl and bring it to boil. Slowly pour the mixture (2) into the water along with some honey and let them cook until the syrup is formed to the required consistency.
(4) Let the syrup cool a little and then pour them into the honey comb shape to fill the shallow depth.
(5) Similarly fill all the other honey comb shapes and let it cool down to set.
Step 6: Serve to Taste
The honey comb cookies are well formed, neatly set and crunchy to eat. The ingredients form a healthy mixture with wheat, nuts, honey and fruits. The cinnamon flavored base with wheat and nuts along with the honey fruit cardamon syrup gave a distinct flavor to the cookie. It makes a good evening sweet savory and will sure attract the children to eat.