Holiday ornaments can be so unoriginal, just how many presents or colorful spheres can you have on your tree, bush, etc.?
It's time to try something different!
I decided to put a spin on the family member photo ornaments we used to have on the tree....
Face Photocopies + Old Hoops = Ornament?
My sister had photocopied her face a bunch of times and I really wanted to use the images I found lying around the house... Plus, I had a bunch of rusting old hoop earrings lying around. So I decided to give the ol' tree a funky makeover.
Step 1: Materials
1) Photocopies of a family member's face, I have a couple photocopies of my sister's face squished. I made them smaller by shrinking with the zoom button on the photocopy machine.
2) Large old hoop earrings that you don't need, preferably the kind where it clips into a tiny fish eye to close, not the kind that snaps into place. (I used 2" hoops)
3) Markers (I'm using Prismacolors: crimson red, chartreuse deco pink, black, mulberry, apple green, and spring green)
4) Two colors of thread, needle
5) Thicker thread (for hanging the ornament, I have some red crochet thread not shown)
6) Craft glue, small brush (optional)
8) Inky black pen (I'm using Pilot V5 Pen, not shown)
9) Contact paper (not shown)