This is finally the actual how-to Instructable on how to make my house key balisong. This is also the first Instructable that I have ever made so go easy on me.
Alright first off:
- I broke my printer during a recent project because the card stock got jammed. (I'm gonna have to make everything by hand now) So be careful with you printer when using the card stock, it may cause a paper jam and then possibly break it. Please check if your printer is able to handle card stock by checking the g/m². (i think, if not let me know)
- I am not responsible for any damage you cause to your house key or yourself, but I'm pretty sure nothing will happen because you are dealing with paper and glue.
- Make sure you have a good amount of time to do this project. I think few good days of quality work should be good enough. (its a bad idea to be rushing through stuff)
- Go through all the images in each step because I put notes on them. Also maybe take a look through the whole Instructable first before you start.
In steps 1-16: you'll be designing / gathering all the information you need to create this.
-The actual build doesn't start until steps 17- Finish.
Step 1: Materials
Things you'll need:
- Card stock (I used 110lb heavyweight from Staples)
- Standard printer paper
- Hobby knife
- Drawing compass
- Printer with copy feature (saves time to make the pieces)
- House key
- Super glue
- Bottle of all purpose white glue
- Glue stick
- Tooth picks
- Hole puncher (one hole puncher is highly recommended)
- Chain part of a keychain
- 4 small magnets (try to find ones that are the same thickness as your house key)