Introduction: How Cut a Hole in a 3x5 Card That Is Large Enough to Step Through
Have you ever wanted to impress your friends? With this simple trick you can. Choose the largest member of you group and explain to them that you are able to get a 3x5 card to fit around them. You will do it without using anything but a 3x5 card and a pair of scissors. Don't believe us, just follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to impressing them all.
1. Fold the card hot dog style (lengthwise).
2. Make a cut at the top of the folded edge about ¼ inch from the top of the card, cut towards the open end and stop ⅛ inch away from the open end.
3. Make another cut ⅛ inch below your last cut starting on the open side and stop about ⅛ inch from the folded side.
4. Continue alternating cuts (repeat steps 2 & 3) until you are about ¼ inch from the bottom of the card.
5. Make sure you end with the same cut that you started. You want a cut that starts from the folded side and extends towards the open side.
6. Lay the cut card flat.
7. Unfold the card without ripping. It should look like a 3x5 card but with a bunch of slits in it.
8. Cut the center of the strips except for the first and last strips.
9. Now unfold everything and you should be able to step through the 3x5 card.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.