Step 14: Update
The second photo shows the inside of the charge controller. I basically just transferred everything that I originally had bolted onto the plywood board in the prototype into this box. I added an automotive illuminated voltage gage and fuses for 3 external 12V loads. I used heavy gage wire to try to reduce losses due to wire resistance. Every watt counts when you are living off-grid.
The third image is the schematic for the new charge controller. It is pretty much the same as the old one above, except for the addition of the Volt meter and extra fuse blocks for the external loads. A larger, easier to read version of the schematic, and more information on the new charge controller can be found on my web site at http://www.mdpub.com/Wind_Turbine/
The fourth photo is a block diagram of the whole power system. Note that I only have one solar panel built right now. I just haven't had the time to complete the second one. Please visit my home-built solar panel page at http://www.mdpub.com/SolarPanel/ for more information on home-built solar panels.