Step 1: Fractions With Pudding
What you'll need:
- Instant Pudding mix
- measuring cups ( use any except the 1cup)
- container able to hold at least 3 cups of liquid, with tight fitting lid.
Step 2: Fractions With Pudding
- Give each student/ group one box of mix, a container, milk and a measuring cup.
- The groups now have to figure out how many of thier measuring cups it will take to make the pudding correctly
- The box directions indicate to add 2 cups of milk to the mix, therefore if the group has a 1/2 Cup it will take 4: 4 X 1/2= 2; If the group has a 1/4 Cup it will take 8: 8 x 1/4 =2; 1/3 cup will be 6: 1/3 x 6= 2 and so on.
- For older students or an extra challenge give a group a tablespoon. (A table spoon is 1/16 of a cup)
Step 3: Fractions With Pudding
- Add milk Secure Lid and Shake vigourously for a few minutes. (The container not you.)
- Let sit for at least 5 mins minutes.
Step 4: Fractions With Pudding
- After sitting for a bit, give it one more mix with spoon and serve
- Woohoo! Now you should know how many halves, quarters, thirds- or whatever- are in a whole.