Introduction: How to Bake Butterfinger Bars
How to make the best Butterfinger Bars for all occasions.
By: Kathryn Franc, Shelby Montgomery, Arthur Luoto, and Daniel Spradlin
The following recipe will make about 32 Butterfinger Bars.
List of Ingredients
- 2 square unsweetened chocolate
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered confectioners sugar
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 inch square pan
- two bowls
- two frying pans (May also use the Microwave for these steps).
- Contains Butter, Eggs, Wheat, and Chocolate
Step 1: Layer 1
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min, (Prep. Time 15 min, Bake 30 min, Cool 30 min.)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 8 inch pan
- Alternatively, line an 8 inch pan with aluminum foil
3. Add 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate and ⅓ cup of butter to a frying pan
4. Melt over hot water.
- Alternatively, add 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate and ⅓ cup of butter to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place bowl in the microwave.
- Set Microwave on medium power for 1 to 1½ minutes.
5. Beat in 1 cup of sugar and 2 eggs with the melted chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl.
6. Mix ¾ cup of flour, ½ tsp. of baking powder, and ½ tsp. of salt together in a separate bowl.
- Use a sifter for better consistency
7. Add flour, baking powder, and salt mixture to the bowl with sugar, eggs, chocolate, and butter.
8. Stir until smooth
9. Pour mixture into 8 inch greased pan.
11. Cool for 30 minutes
12. Wait for layer 1 to cool before starting layer 2
Step 2: Layer 2
Total Time: 55 min, (Prep: 10 min, Cool: 45 min)
1. Brown ¼ cup of butter over medium heat in frying pan. (Heat the butter until it starts to get a brown color to it)
2. Blend in 2 tablespoons of cream and 1 tsp of vanilla.
3. Mix in 2 cups of powdered confectioners sugar
4. Spread evenly over layer 1
5. Leave cool for 45 minutes
6. Wait for layer 2 to cool before starting layer 3
Step 3: Layer 3
Total Time: 1 hr. (Prep: Time 10 min, Cool: 50 min.)
1. Melt 1 square of unsweetened chocolate and 1 tablespoon of butter in frying pan.
- Alternatively unsweetened chocolate and butter can be melted in the microwave.
2. Spread a very thin layer over icing.
3. Let sit and cool to room temperature