This was constructed during my internship @ Instructables this past summer, with
DerangedMoose7, Tetranitrate, and noahw
Oh, and if you were wondering... Yes, "Project X" is finally here.
Camera work done by [www.instructables.com/member/noahw noahw]
Video editing done by [www.instructables.com/member/bofthem bofthem]
Step 1: Acquire Materials
- 9 - 8' two-by-four's
- 1 - 12' four-by-four
- 3 - 8' four-by-four
- 50' of surgical tubing
- Fiberglass windsurfing pole or a large section of steel pipe (Fiberglass pole preferred)
- 20' thick nylon rope
- 1- 4 ft section of 4" diameter ABS pipe
- 1 -4 ft section of 2.5" diameter ABS pipe
- 2 - 4"-2.5" step down ABS adapter
- T-adapter for ABS pipe
- ABS cement
- 2" X 4' aluminum pipe
- "S" hook
- "U" bolts and nuts
- Large Eye bolts
- 12 - 6" lag bolts
- 3 - 5" carriage bolts, nuts, and washers
- Assorted deck screws (at least 3" long)
- Chop Saw
- Reciprocating saw
- Drill Press
- Assorted Drill Bits (including large hole-saw or adjustable spade bit)
- Welder (if using steel pole)
Step 2: Plan Out The Frame
- The base of the frame would be 3' x 8' and made out of 2X4's
- The frame would be shaped like an off-balance "A"
- The frame will be 6' tall
Cut two 3' sections of 2x4's on the miter saw and lay one of them on one end of the frame.
Lay the other 3' section about 2' in from the end of the 8' sections, this is so that when the arm comes forward, it doesn't throw the whole 'pult forward as well.
Cut the 4X4's to 6' in length, and stand them up so that they are on the inside of the frame and flush up the indented 2x4.
Cut one length of 4x4 to 3' and save it for later - this will be used as the cross-brace at the top.