This bin was designed to service multiple functions very well, hence it's called a Hybrid. I was looking for a worm bin design that would be easy to build but would allow things like proper air flow, water drainage, easy emptying of worm tea, a way for the worms to get back into their habitat, and an escape prevention ring. I needed the worm bin to do all of this at a fraction of the cost of a commercially available (in the store) option.
Additionally, because this is a home built Hybrid Worm Bin, I could have the tendency to be a but ugly and not be very aesthetically pleasing. So, I wanted to build this worm bin with aesthetics in mind as well.
If nothing else, even if you don't build a worm bin quite like mine, at the very least, you'll know how to build a worm bin, you can modify it how you like.
Larry Hall -http://www.youtube.com/larrylhall
I hope this has been helpful and informative, more to come soon.
- My Seed Savers Community On Google+ - http://goo.gl/dFQmKI
- My Pay It Forward Community On Google+ -http://goo.gl/L5f0MM
- Twitter -http://www.twitter.com/wmeador
- Recorded With - Canon VIXIA HF R400 - http://amzn.to/1kBgq9z
- Thumbnail Image Created With - Tube Slicer - http://rfd913fire.slicerapps.hop.clickbank.net/?pid=youtubeslicer
- See A List Of All Slicer Apps Products - http://rfd913fire.slicerapps.hop.clickbank.net/?pid=slicerprosuite