Picture of Make a Shock Flashlight!
Heres a really fun gadget you can build! A Shock Flashlight!

It will give your victims a powerful but harmless shock!

With my creation of the How to build the World's Smallest Electronic Shocker, it is so small that I can fit it into a flashlight, and use it to give people fun shocking pranks!

This is going to be so fun to shock people with it, and I can guaranteed you to get laughs!!!

So lets build this fun device!

Also for the English people that may not know, a flashlight is same thing as a torch.
And please note that I am only 15 years old and I am not very good at grammar so if you find some parts of the instructable confusing, please let me know and I will try fix it.

Step 1: Get the things!!

Picture of Get the things!!
All right, lets get started!
You will need...
  • A flashlight (torch).
  • A very small shocker (you can build one, click here!).
  • Tape (I used electric tape).
  • Some wires.
  • Aluminum tape.

And the tools...
  • Wire strippers.
  • Wire cutters.
  • Soldering iron with solder.
  • Hot glue gun with glue sticks.
  • Drill gun with a small drill bit.
cc673 years ago
is there any instructable for your homemade shocker??? tnx
ARJOON4 years ago
we both have same age
knex_mepalm5 years ago
 I remember when I was 4 I was playing around with a torch and I electrocuted my finger with a 24-volt battery. It made some nodules. Man that as fun and hurt.
Plasmana (author)  knex_mepalm5 years ago
ampeyro5 years ago
i did something like this, but i used a boxy metal oldfashoned flashlight, i converted it to the led technology and added a 300v shocker conected to a 150uf capacitor, but i'm not sure if it's too dangerous for using in animals or people, do you know if the capacitor is too big?
Tmor126 years ago
When I was in high school a friend of mine build a shock box. I don't know how it was made but I do remember him saying it had a mercury switch in it? I was the life of the party! I remember it had a little lightbulb in it that had mercury and was placed in a box wrapped in tin foil. When you shook it, it gave you a little shock. It was funny placing it under the tree Xmas morning and watch the kids shake the presents. Do you know what this could be?
I think he had a 120 volt to 9 volt step up or down transformer and the mercury switch pulsed the nine volt battery through that side to make the other side produce 120 volts and shock you.
what he means by a mercury switch is a little glass tube with a drop of mercury in it and two wires at one end and the mercury completes the circuit
Does this burn you? Is it safe to short circut the -450 and +"ground" wire?
Madrias3576 years ago
I got an idea: what if you were to make it so that there was a conductively painted layer where your fingers would grip the flashlight, and the shocker pad in the button/switch?
i might make a modifide one for my locker that ought to teach those morons who are butterflying my locker : ) but make it so i have a neodidim magnet turn it off so i can open my locker with out geting shocked
I made it , & get Shock But i gave to one person he touch to torch but he Did not get Shock , !!!!!!!
Plasmana (author)  hirenpanchal476 years ago
Thats odd, maybe the wire broke off...
Z0t6 years ago
So I tried out Plasmana's torch. One thing to consider is how to make the tape less shiny and noticable. Perhaps a conductive, yet dimming coating exists to keep that "beat up flashlight" look.
Plasmana (author)  Z0t6 years ago
Yeah, I am going to try make some conductive paint using the information from this instructable.
Kaelessin7 years ago
Haha! I'm going camping with a bunch of people this weekend and this will prove invaluable let me tell you! cool idea!
Plasmana (author)  Kaelessin7 years ago
Hahaha! Good luck shocking people!
Arbitror7 years ago
rated: *****favourited.
Plasmana (author)  Arbitror7 years ago