Step 6: And what about the wire?

All right! One more last thing I need to do before the shock flashlight is complete!
The shocker's blue positive wire, strip about 1/2 inch of insulation off and tape it down on the positive side of the battery, but do not tape it on top of the battery's "hump" otherwise you will prevent the light bulb to glow, tape it around the "hump"...

If you want your shock flashlight to be very powerful (900v), put the battery with wire taped on in first, then the battery with no wire.
If you want your shock flashlight to be not so powerful (450v), put the battery with no wire in first, then the battery with wire taped on.

And then screw on the flashlight's bottom cap.
is there any instructable for your homemade shocker??? tnx
we both have same age
 I remember when I was 4 I was playing around with a torch and I electrocuted my finger with a 24-volt battery. It made some nodules. Man that as fun and hurt.
Haha!<br />
i did something like this, but i used a boxy metal oldfashoned flashlight,&nbsp;i converted it to the led technology and added&nbsp;a 300v shocker conected to a 150uf capacitor, but i'm not sure if it's too dangerous for using in animals or people, do you know if the capacitor is too big?
When I was in high school a friend of mine build a shock box. I don't know how it was made but I do remember him saying it had a mercury switch in it? I was the life of the party! I remember it had a little lightbulb in it that had mercury and was placed in a box wrapped in tin foil. When you shook it, it gave you a little shock. It was funny placing it under the tree Xmas morning and watch the kids shake the presents. Do you know what this could be?
I think he had a 120 volt to 9 volt step up or down transformer and the mercury switch pulsed the nine volt battery through that side to make the other side produce 120 volts and shock you.
what he means by a mercury switch is a little glass tube with a drop of mercury in it and two wires at one end and the mercury completes the circuit
Does this burn you? Is it safe to short circut the -450 and +"ground" wire?
I got an idea: what if you were to make it so that there was a conductively painted layer where your fingers would grip the flashlight, and the shocker pad in the button/switch?
i might make a modifide one for my locker that ought to teach those morons who are butterflying my locker : ) but make it so i have a neodidim magnet turn it off so i can open my locker with out geting shocked
I made it , & get Shock But i gave to one person he touch to torch but he Did not get Shock , !!!!!!!
Thats odd, maybe the wire broke off...
So I tried out Plasmana's torch. One thing to consider is how to make the tape less shiny and noticable. Perhaps a conductive, yet dimming coating exists to keep that "beat up flashlight" look.
Yeah, I am going to try make some conductive paint using the information from <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Conductive-Glue-and-Glue-a-Circuit/#">this instructable</a>.<br/>
Haha! I'm going camping with a bunch of people this weekend and this will prove invaluable let me tell you! cool idea!
Hahaha! Good luck shocking people!
<pre>rated: *****favourited.</pre>

About This Instructable


40 favorites


Bio: &ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash; &quot;Energy cannot be created nor destroyed!&quot; &ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;&ndash;
More by Plasmana: How To Build A Simple But Powerful Flyback Driver ZVS Flyback Driver - Video Close ups on electronics
Add instructable to: