Introduction: How to Build a Bicycle Camera Mount Under US$1,00
In this Instructable I'll teach you how to build your own Bicycle Camera Sturdy Mount at a very low cost.
Here in Brazil it costs around R$2,00 converting to american dollars we should have something around US$1,00.
First of all you'll need these items:
- 01 Screw with a diameter of 1/4" (If you're not safe about the size, please take your camera to the hardware store and try it by yourself to find the right size)
- 03 Wing nuts of 1/4"
- 01 EVA strip of 2 inches
- 01 Pipe Mount (See picture below)
With all those things in hand, follow the next steps.
Step 1: Step 01 - Assembling the Screw With the Pipe Mount and Wing Nuts
- Screw a Wing Nut upside-down;
- Put the screw with the wing nut in the pipe mount;
- Screw the second Wing Nut to hold the pipe mount.
Obs.: Here you can set the height of your camera mount as you can move the pipe mount up and down.
Step 2: Step 02 - Last Wing Nut and the EVA
- Screw the last Wing Nut upside down again;
- Insert the EVA strip into the mount, as seen in the picture below.
Note 01: The Wing Nut screwed in this step is used to put more pressure over the digital camera holding it more tightly and to not letting it to unscrew.
Note 02: You can use a strong glue to stick the strip into the pipe mount. It's your choice.
Step 3: Step 03: Testing Your DIY Mount
It's very important to make sure that your camera mount is holding your camera and it won't unscrew during your ride.
For that I recommend screwing the camera and putting your finger as if it was the bicycle. Then, over a soft surface, shake it hard and see the results. If the camera didn't unscrew, then success!!
Note 01: I used a backup camera for testing. It's good to be cautious.
P.S. Later I'll add a video made with the mount. Also some pictures of the bike with the mount.