With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share what you made with text, photos, video, and files
gather your favorite instructables together
A disturbing aspect offering carp fishing in France on a commercial basis is the numbers of carp each year that end up dragging leaders and leads arou...
* Distance lead * Tail rubber * Clip with tab retained, but cut back * Swivel with Q ring
* Normal tail rubber * Tail rubber cut at 45 degrees
* Tail rubber intact * Safety clip intact
* Tail rubber cut * Safety clip cut, but still retaining short tab as shown
* Key ring * Q ring
Distance Lead Type 1 This is a lead often used by carp anglers. This lead and clip set up is designed to allow a lot of movement between the lead and...
* Distance lead Type 1 * Swivel removed from Type 1 lead
Result is my preferred Distance lead - the Distance Lead Type 2
Distance Lead Type 2 In this set up the clip and lead arrangement minimise free movement - so the weight of the lead is getting to the point of the h...
* Q ring connected to swivel * Swivel threaded onto fluorocarbon leader * Lead and tail rubber easily pass over leader knot * Tail rubber easily...
* Leader threaded through clip and tail rubber * Lead and key ring slides onto clip
Distance lead Type 2 set up complete * The ring must pass over the stem of the clip and push in behand the tab end. I use a key ring with an intern...
* My normal baited hook length, hair tied KD style * The stiff boom is lead core Over the course of the season, the carp become aware of this aggr...
* Boom section – Suffix Shock Leader material * Leader knot * Braided hook length * Size 6 Mugga hook * Silicone rubber * Hair tied KD styl...
* This is the leader knot used to tie the leader to the main line, be it mono or fluorocarbon * I also use it for tying the stiff boom section to t...
* Hook bait with dissolvable foam threaded over hook length - ready to fish! * Two pieces of foam cover the supple section of the boom which preven...
* On the take the component parts will pull apart, with the lead retained on the leader
* I use Petroleum Jelly to bed all my knots down, giving maximum knot strength * The spray retardant for foam
For every carp angler the welfare of the carp is your top priority. This rig is a safe alternative for anglers who want to retain their leads on a cra...
How to Make Safe Carp Rigsby Angling Lines
Carp Fishing - How to Cast 150 Yards+ (Pt1)by Angling Lines
Floater Fishing for Carp (pt 2)by Angling Lines
Carp Bait - Top 10 Baiting Tipsby Angling Lines
Floater Fishing for Carp (pt 1)by Angling Lines
How to Tie Carp Fishing Rigs - The Combi Rigby Angling Lines
How to Make Carp Rigs - Tying the Knotless Knotby Angling Lines
How to Tie Carp Fishing Rigs - The Ultimate Pop Up Rigby Angling Lines
Feature Finding in Your Carp Swim (Pt. 1)by Angling Lines
How to Tie Carp Fishing Rigs - The Blowback Rig (without hair)by Angling Lines
Download our new apps for iOS, Android and Windows 8!
© 2014 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »