With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
A disturbing aspect offering carp fishing in France on a commercial basis is the numbers of carp each year that end up dragging leaders and leads around the ...
* Distance lead * Tail rubber * Clip with tab retained, but cut back * Swivel with Q ring
* Normal tail rubber * Tail rubber cut at 45 degrees
* Tail rubber intact * Safety clip intact
* Tail rubber cut * Safety clip cut, but still retaining short tab as shown
* Key ring * Q ring
Distance Lead Type 1 This is a lead often used by carp anglers. This lead and clip set up is designed to allow a lot of movement between ...
* Distance lead Type 1 * Swivel removed from Type 1 lead
Result is my preferred Distance lead - the Distance Lead Type 2
Distance Lead Type 2 In this set up the clip and lead arrangement minimise free movement - so the weight of the lead is getting to the point ...
* Q ring connected to swivel * Swivel threaded onto fluorocarbon leader * Lead and tail rubber easily pass over leader knot * Tail rubber easily slides off ...
* Leader threaded through clip and tail rubber * Lead and key ring slides onto clip
Distance lead Type 2 set up complete * The ring must pass over the stem of the clip and push in behand the tab end. I use a ...
* My normal baited hook length, hair tied KD style * The stiff boom is lead core Over the course of the season, the carp become aware of ...
* Boom section – Suffix Shock Leader material * Leader knot * Braided hook length * Size 6 Mugga hook * Silicone rubber * Hair tied KD style ...
* This is the leader knot used to tie the leader to the main line, be it mono or fluorocarbon * I also use it for tying the ...
* Hook bait with dissolvable foam threaded over hook length - ready to fish! * Two pieces of foam cover the supple section of the boom which prevents ...
* On the take the component parts will pull apart, with the lead retained on the leader
* I use Petroleum Jelly to bed all my knots down, giving maximum knot strength * The spray retardant for foam
For every carp angler the welfare of the carp is your top priority. This rig is a safe alternative for anglers who want to retain their leads on ...
How to Make Safe Carp Rigsby Angling Lines
Carp Fishing - How to Cast 150 Yards+ (Pt1)by Angling Lines
Floater Fishing for Carp (pt 2)by Angling Lines
Floater Fishing for Carp (pt 1)by Angling Lines
Carp Bait - Top 10 Baiting Tipsby Angling Lines
Join 2 million + to receive instant inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »
Already a member? Login »
That's a pro feature!
Want to go pro?
First step is to sign up.
By clicking "Sign me up!" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member?" Login »