This is a simple experiment you can easily replicate at home using things you may find around the house. It's something people of all skill levels can do and can be a fun little experiment to do with the kids.
For more projects visit our blog.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Oxidised Copper - copper coins or copper fittings, should be dull indicating it's oxidised
- Weak Acid Solution - white vinegar or lemon juice is best to see results
- A Glass container - best for seeing the results
- Wire wool or other abrasive cleaner.
- An iron nail - not galvanised - as used in my 'How To Make An Electromagnet' video see that here.