Hey Everyone! If you've got a special baby in your life that needs a little something to keep warm in the winter months, we'll I've got an answer for you! Make them a baby pod! Here are some simple instructions to make a cute little baby outfit! For more tutorials, subscribe to us on iTunes
and check out our website at Threadbanger.com
Also, check out the entire video below!
Step 1: Measuring the baby!
1. First take out an old sweatshirt and your baby. Measure your baby from head to toe and diagonally mark the measurement onto your sweatshirt.
Step 2: More measuring
2. Now measure around the baby's shoulders, divide that number in half and mark that measurement on the sweatshirt about 4 inches down from the top.
Step 3: Sketching the Pod
3. Next, sketch out a pod-like shape about 6 inches longer than where you made the bottom mark.
Step 4: Cutting out the pod
4. Pin the 2 layers together and cut out half an inch outside the sketched outline.
Step 5: Creating the hood and zipper
5. Take one half of the pod and cut out a circle that's about 4 inches in diameter and cut it out. Then cut a slit down the center that's about 10 inches long.
Step 6: Making the casing
6. Flip it over and pin a casing around the circumference of the circle.
Step 7: Sewing the casing
7. Then sew it with a zig zag stitch, making sure not to sew the holes shut at the end.
Step 8: Adding the zipper
8. When you're done, take out a zipper, flip over the pod half and place the zipper right side facing down below the openings in the casing and right on top of the slit.
Step 9: Sewing the zipper
9. Carefully pin the zipper to both sides of the slit and sew it on using a zipper foot and a straight stitch.
Step 10: Making the arm holes
10. Now cut some slits for arm hole and sew a zig zag stitch around both holes.
Step 11: Sewing the pod together
11. Place the pod halves together, pin and sew a seam around the perimeter.
Step 12: Creating a seam
12. Next, press the seam open and sew a zig zag stitch all the way around the length of the pod.