This instructable will teach you how you can cut straight lines using an electric skill saw, circular saw or jig saw. This is very handy when cutting long boards like a piece of ply wood. The ideal thing to use would be a table saw, but like me, some people can't afford one.
Step 1: What You Will Need
The things you will need to do this are:
- a pencil - to mark your cut line.
- a square- to assist in making a straight pencil mark.
- a straight piece of wood- this is to act as your saws guide so it should be free of big bumps or warping.
- 2 clamps- these need to be able to tighten as they will hold your guide. If they move your cut won't be straight.
- a measuring tape- to set your guide in the proper place.
-of course you'll need a saw and a board you want to cut.