Now start your cut. While cutting keep the saws shoe against your guide and you will have a nice straight cut. Cut slow and steady don't force the saw...
This instructable will teach you how you can cut straight lines using an electric skill saw, circular saw or jig saw. This is very handy when cutting long boards like a piece of ply wood. The ideal thing to use would be a table saw, but like me, some people can't afford one.
Step 1: What You Will Need
The things you will need to do this are:
- a pencil - to mark your cut line.
- a square- to assist in making a straight pencil mark.
- a straight piece of wood- this is to act as your saws guide so it should be free of big bumps or warping.
- 2 clamps- these need to be able to tighten as they will hold your guide. If they move your cut won't be straight.
- a measuring tape- to set your guide in the proper place.
-of course you'll need a saw and a board you want to cut.