Introduction: How To: Deviled Eggs
- Steel Mixing Bowl
- Piping Bag
- Piping Star Tip
- Measuring Spoons
- Lemon Juice
Step 1: Hard Boiling the Eggs
- Take the eggs out of the refrigerator and place them gently into the pot.
- Fill the pot with enough cold water to just cover the eggs.
- Place the pot on the stove-top and set the heat to medium.
- When the water comes to a boil, turn the stove-top off and let the eggs sit for 10 minutes, allowing the eggs to become hard boiled.
Step 2: Peeling the Eggs
- Dump the hot water out into a sink and then fill up the pot with cold water. Let the eggs sit for approximately 2 minutes.
- Now that the eggs have cooled down, take them out of the water.
- Use a hard surface to crack the egg. Once the shell has been cracked, use your thumb to remove the shell.
- Use a knife to slice the egg in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to remove the yolks from the egg whites. Place all yolks into the metal mixing bowl together.
- Place the halved egg whites onto a tray with the open side up.
Step 3: Preparing the Eggs Yolks
- Use the whisk to mash the egg yolks up. During the mashing, add 60 mL of mayonnaise, 3 mL of mustard, a few drops of lemon juice, and a dash of worcestershire.
- Continue mashing until all the ingredients are thoroughly mashed in.
- Add in 3 mL of salt and 3 mL of pepper to season. Mix these two spices thoroughly.
- Prepare your piping bag by placing the small star tip into the bag.
Step 4: Piping the Mixture
- With a spoon, move the egg yolk mixture from the mixing bowl and place it in the piping bag.
- Using your hands for pressure, squeeze the mixture from the piping bag into the egg whites. Pipe approximately a tablespoon of egg yolk into each egg white.
Step 5: Garnishing the Deviled Eggs
- Once the egg whites have all been filled, you can now garnish them with a little bit of paprika.
- Your deviled eggs are now ready for consumption!