Introduction: How To: Domo-Kun Plushie/Mini Pillow
:D Ever want to make a Domo-Kun Plushie? Yeah it seems sort of hard right?
What You Need:
-Fabric, (Colors: 1 Red, 1 White, 1 Black, 2 Brown)
-Needle, Thread (In colors above), ..OR SEWING MACHINE.
-Hard Surface To Work On ;; Optional xD
-Domo Pattern (Optional)
Average Price: 13$-20$
Depends on size & materials. Mine was: $13.22
Step 1: Cutting Out the Shapes
I got a domo pattern from alittlestranger.com
Heres the site link: http://www.alittlestranger.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/domo.jpg
1. Cut out the pattern (Which you can resize to however large you want your Domo Plushie)
2. Put the pattern on your brown felt and trace it.
.....I put down 2 pieces of brown felt so i could easily cut them out at the same time.....
3. Cut out the brown felt.
Step 2: Cutting Out the Eyes, Mouth, Teeth
1) Cut out one of the circle eyes from the paper domo pattern.
-(I used the scalpel but gave up and finally used scissors)-
2) Trace 2 Circles on the black felt. I used a blue sharpie and it showed up very lightly. Cut out the 2 circles when done..
3) Cut out the mouth and trace it on the red felt, cut it out when done.
4) Cut out one tooth and go to your white felt; trace 5 teeth on the bottom row, 5 on top. Cut them out when done(:
Step 3: Place the Mouth & Eyes in the Proper Places.
1) I put the Domo pattern on the brown felt, then put the eyes & mouth in the correct placements. Put pins on them to keep them in place & to prevent them from moving.
3) Sew the two brown pieces together.
What i did was turned the felt inside out then sew'd the pieces together.
IMPORTANT: LEAVE ONE SIDE OPEN. I left the bottom open, it seemed easiest.
Turn it back inside-out(:
Step 4: Sew on the Mouth&Eyes
1) Sew on the mouth and eyes :D
I did it by hand.
-I would prefer machine but the only one i have in the house is complicated & noisy.
Step 5: Sew on the Teeth(:
1) Sew in the teeth.
Make sure when you sew them on there even with eachother.
Also, i started out doing the bottom row. I also started out sewing the middle tooth first so when i do the rest they are evenly spaced.
Then i just lined the top row with the bottom.
Step 6: Sewing..
1) Turn him inside out again and sew the bottom part, but LEAVE SOME SPACE!!
WARNING: do NOT sew all of the bottom of your domo, or you wont be able to flip him back inside-out and insert stuffing in him.!!
Step 7: Stuff Domo!!
1) STUFF HIM! :D Make him come alive :)
Stuff him until you think hes good.
I used poly-fill from Michaels(:
But really.. he can be made with anything, right?
When your done, and he is stuffed to your pleasure, finish sewing the bottom half of your Domo.
Btw, i hope your jealous of my spongebob bracelet(:
Step 8: Have Fun With Him(:
1) HAVE FUN.
Hes amazing RIGHT?
- I was really happy he came out good.. my first time at sewing without messing up!:D
Now i can go and brag to my friends... which i hope you will do too.
YOU CAN EVEN USE THE EXTRA MATERIAL TO MAKE MINI DOMO's
Pass them out to friends, make a keychain with it.
It doesnt have to be bigger than 5in. height & length.(:
Why throw out your money when you can make it into something new?.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.