What You Need:
-Fabric, (Colors: 1 Red, 1 White, 1 Black, 2 Brown)
-Needle, Thread (In colors above), ..OR SEWING MACHINE.
-Hard Surface To Work On ;; Optional xD
-Domo Pattern (Optional)
Average Price: 13$-20$
Depends on size & materials. Mine was: $13.22
Step 1: Cutting Out the Shapes
Heres the site link: http://www.alittlestranger.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/domo.jpg
1. Cut out the pattern (Which you can resize to however large you want your Domo Plushie)
2. Put the pattern on your brown felt and trace it.
.....I put down 2 pieces of brown felt so i could easily cut them out at the same time.....
3. Cut out the brown felt.
Step 2: Cutting Out the Eyes, Mouth, Teeth
-(I used the scalpel but gave up and finally used scissors)-
2) Trace 2 Circles on the black felt. I used a blue sharpie and it showed up very lightly. Cut out the 2 circles when done..
3) Cut out the mouth and trace it on the red felt, cut it out when done.
4) Cut out one tooth and go to your white felt; trace 5 teeth on the bottom row, 5 on top. Cut them out when done(:
Step 3: Place the Mouth & Eyes in the Proper Places.
3) Sew the two brown pieces together.
What i did was turned the felt inside out then sew'd the pieces together.
IMPORTANT: LEAVE ONE SIDE OPEN. I left the bottom open, it seemed easiest.
Turn it back inside-out(:
Step 4: Sew on the Mouth&Eyes
I did it by hand.
-I would prefer machine but the only one i have in the house is complicated & noisy.
Step 5: Sew on the Teeth(:
Make sure when you sew them on there even with eachother.
Also, i started out doing the bottom row. I also started out sewing the middle tooth first so when i do the rest they are evenly spaced.
Then i just lined the top row with the bottom.
Step 6: Sewing..
WARNING: do NOT sew all of the bottom of your domo, or you wont be able to flip him back inside-out and insert stuffing in him.!!
Step 7: Stuff Domo!!
Stuff him until you think hes good.
I used poly-fill from Michaels(:
But really.. he can be made with anything, right?
When your done, and he is stuffed to your pleasure, finish sewing the bottom half of your Domo.
Btw, i hope your jealous of my spongebob bracelet(:
Step 8: Have Fun With Him(:
Hes amazing RIGHT?
- I was really happy he came out good.. my first time at sewing without messing up!:D
Now i can go and brag to my friends... which i hope you will do too.
YOU CAN EVEN USE THE EXTRA MATERIAL TO MAKE MINI DOMO's
Pass them out to friends, make a keychain with it.
It doesnt have to be bigger than 5in. height & length.(:
Why throw out your money when you can make it into something new?.