Introduction: How to Dress Up Your Salads
I enjoy playing around with food and table presentations. Spending just a few extra minutes to make a meal look fantastic can be rewarding to the hands that prepared the meal. Family members will chat away about how unusual it was. Here are a few ideas that I came up with.
Step 1: What You Need
- I used sundae dishes.
- Wine glasses.
- Plastic Sprite bottle.
- Small scrap of cloth for lid.
- Small scrap of cloth to set jar on.
- Box of waffle bowls.
- Small battery operated votive candle.
- Painted tin can.
- Jute for a tie.
- Garnish lemon and strawberry.
Step 2: Sprite Salad
- For this salad I cut a Sprite bottle down to where the bubbles were and evened off the edges on both pieces.
- I placed the candle in the bottom of the bottle.
- Inverted the top into the bottom.
- Filled it with salad.
- Added a lemon garnish.
Now isn't that pretty?
Step 3: Fruit Salad
For this fruit salad I:
Cut 2 small pieces of scraps into a square.
I overlapped them so the points were offset.
Filled the jar with fruit salad up to where I wanted the heart.
I carefully cut out a heart from a strawberry and stuck it to the inside of the glass.
I filled the rest with small slices of apple.
Served with an ice tea spoon.
It would have been cute to have a strawberry garnish but I forgot.
Step 4: Sweetheart Salad.
- Fruit salad.
- 1 Slice strawberry.
- Shallow canning jar.
- Tootsie Roll Pop Covered with a scrap of cloth and a jute ribbon.
- I used a small scrap of cloth to set it on.
- Pinking sheers would give it a nice edge.
Step 5: Waffle Sundae
- Waffle bowl.
- Fruit salad.
- Coconut topping.
- Painted canning jar.
- Small jute tie.
Step 6: Tin Can Sundae
Tin can sundae:
Painted tin can.
Or you can just use a sundae dish and add a battery operated votive candle..
Step 7: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
These are a lot of fun to make. It is a thoughtful way to express your love for family members. My son mentioned the other day that he felt it was real important for families to have a set time to eat everyday. He said that it is a proven fact that families that eat a meal together on a regular base tend to be a closer knit family and stay together. I agree with him. I hope this has given you some ideas on how to spread your love at mealtime.
Thanks for stopping in and have a nice day!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.