There are as many great designs as there are paper airplane makers, and we love them all. Do you have a favorite design that flies farther, faster, or in exciting loops? What cool tips and tweaks work best for you? We want to know!
Enter the Toss It! Speed Contest, and show us how to make an awesome paper airplane!
Make a good Instructable that clearly shows how to make a paper airplane, and embed a video of your plane in flight. You can't just say it's the best, you have to show us!
Here's our own video to see what we mean.
Need more incentive?
great and easy to make paper airplane
- The paper airplane must be human-propelled. No rubber bands for propellers or launchers. It's all about tossing a paper airplane.
- A video that shows the contest sheet (see below) and at least one throw of the airplane must be embedded into the Instructable.
Since this is a short contest we're letting the audience judge!
Vote for as few or as many as you like - it's up to you. We're not including duplicate votes, so please exercise good sportsmanship.
We'll judge based on the standings at noon PST on Thursday, March 20 2008 so everyone will have time to check out and vote on even the latest entries. Results will be posted shortly thereafter.
PrizesVoting Prize: Air Instructables Flight Kit which includes decals, a pilot's license, and an Instructables robot t-shirt.
Voting Runners Up: An Instructables robot t-shirt.
Pageviews Prize: Air Instructables Flight Kit which includes decals, a pilot's license, and an Instructables robot t-shirt.
Random Prize: Air Instructables Flight Kit which includes decals, a "pilot's license", and an Instructables robot t-shirt.
How to Enter- Make an a paper airplane Instructable. Use clear words and pictures so others can repeat your project.
- Embed a video of the plane in action.
- In the beginning of the video, show a printout of this PDF or this image.
- Videos can be no more than 30 seconds long.
- Add it to the Toss It! Speed Contest by 11:59pm PST, Sunday March 16, 2008.
DetailsOnly projects posted during the contest period are eligible. If you've already submitted a suitable Instructable, make another version with improvements and submit it to the contest! Post an improved version of someone else's Instructable with a link back to your source of inspiration!
We're looking for neat and creative projects, so let your imagination run wild.
Project Submission Start Date: February 28, 2008.
Project Submission Deadline: 11:59pm PST, Sunday March 16, 2008.
Audience Judging Deadline: noon PST, Thursday, March 20, 2008.
You can only win one prize per contest, but may enter as many projects as you like and cross-post to other contests!
International entries are eligible - we're happy to ship prizes abroad.
If you're under 18, go ahead and submit your project - we'll just need your parents' OK if you win.
Open to enter: 2008-02-26 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: 2008-03-16 11:59 PM PST
[/contest/TossIt/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.