****Updated rules - please read****
People search for stuff at Instructables all the time. Sometimes they find what they're looking for, and sometimes they don't. But there are a few common how-tos that come up often enough that make us wonder, "why don't we have an Instructable on that?"
The answer is of course, because no one has written one. But you
can change all that.
Below I've listed a number of popular "wanted Instructables". If you write an Instructable about one of these topics we will send you a free Instructables Burning Questions Prize Pack consisting of a robot patch and a Burning Questions bumper sticker!
- How to fight
- How to make your car exhaust purr and growl
- How to make a lowrider (car)
- How to be photogenic
- How to clean a laptop screen with household products
- How to blow smoke rings
- How to pop a wheelie
- Team building exercises
- How to upgrade or replace your car stereo
- Set up an NCAA Betting Tree
- How to bet (and win) on sports
- How to get a tight butt
- How to bulk up
- How to tell a friend that you like them
- Fun things you can do with fire extinguishers
- How to cut hair
- How to fly fish
- Ham radio how tos
- The Instructables have to be of good quality. Lots of people are looking for these answers so put some extra effort in. They have to be detailed, contain plenty of good pictures, and actually provide a good answer to the question. If they're lousy (you know when they are), no prize pack for you.
- They have to be titled exactly as they appear above. Why? Because that's what people are looking for.
- They have to have a publish date after March 27th.
- They have to be on the list! Only Instructables answering questions on the list will be admitted to the group and prizes. Otherwise, don't submit them to the group!
Each entry will be reviewed, so don't worry if your entry doesn't show up immediately, it just means we're still taking a look at it. If your answer is approved, then we will add it to the contest group.
If multiple Instructables from multiple users are submitted as answers to the same question, they will all be entered into the contest group. Once the contest closes, we'll pick the Instructable that answers the question best and declare them the winner. So, there's an incentive to check back in on the group, see who's submitting what, and make sure that your answer is the best it can possibly be!
Unlike previous rounds of Burning Questions, prize notifications will be mailed after the close
of the contest rather then along the way as before. Prizes: Grand Prize:
Burning Question Prize Pack
The Burning Questions Prize Pack consists of a custom made Burning Questions bumper sticker and a brand new robot patch!Value:
Open to enter: 2008-03-27 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: 2008-05-01 11:59 PM PST
[/contest/burningquestions4/ View Contest now!]