Introduction: How to Enter the Earthjustice United States of Efficiency Contest
Quick, what renewable-energy resource is cheap, perfectly clean, and available almost everywhere?
Improving energy efficiency is the fastest, cheapest, and cleanest way to power our lives, so Instructables has teamed up with Earthjustice to help spread the news through their United States of Efficiency campaign. Even small changes in the efficiency standards for appliances, lights, and machines can create huge savings in electricity and natural gas - we can help fight global warming, create green jobs, and save scarce resources and money at the same time!
Here's how you can help, and enter to win an awesome green Apple laptop!
Create an energy-saving Instructable, and explain why or how your project helps save energy! Whether you're improving an existing product, tracking down energy wasters in your house, or create something entirely new, we want to see your ideas. We're open to creative definitions of efficiency - just give a great explanation, and help inspire others to follow your example. Check out our Energy Saving guide for inspiration.
What else can you do? Take action now, and let the Department of Energy you're in favor of stronger energy-efficiency standards - we can't afford not to.
15" MacBook Pro - The greenest MacBook Pro ever!
5 winners will receive a Kill A Watt. Find out what appliances are actually worth keeping plugged in.
5 winners will receive an Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Open to enter: Mar 26th, 2009 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: May 10th, 2009 11:59 PM PST
View Contest now!
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and Earthjustice a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.