Our Let It Glow! Contest rewards you for lighting up the night with a bright lights and a rainbow of color. The light source and what it's mounted on is completely up to you. Make something truly amazing, and win one of dan's awesome new MonkeylectricLED bike wheel POV lights! We're going to be giving away eight m132s light sets, 12 throwie kits, and 20 t-shirts! You don't want to miss this one!
Dan Goldwater, a co-founder of Squid Labs and Instructables, has been seriously bitten by the lighting bug - check out more of his awesome LED Instructables. His most recent project has been integrating LEDs into bike wheels, and the m132s is the bright, blinky result of his efforts. Attach the m132s to your bike wheel and watch amazingly colorful patterns emerge - you've never seen anything like it.
Enter the Let It Glow! contest and you can be one of the first people to give it a whirl!
Dan has a special offer for Instructables members: get 15% off your purchase at monkeylectric.com through the end of June! Just use the coupon code INSTRUCT when you check out. Get your own revolutionary bike light, and stay visible - and in style.
Show us your best bright, blinky, or light-up project, and Let It Glow, Let It Glow, Let It Glow!
First Prize (2 winners):
A set of two (2) m132s bike wheel lights and an Instructables Robot t-shirt
Second Prize (4 winners):
One (1) m132s bike wheel light, and an Instructables Robot t-shirt
Third Prize (12 winners):
LED Throwie kit and Instructables Robot t-shirt
Each throwie kit has pieces for five throwies.
The Instructable must include instructions for adding the lighting element to the project and be published from May 16 - June 22
International entries are welcome.
Combination of judge and user votes
Entry dates: May 16 - June 22
User votes: June 23 - 25
Judging: June 26 - 29
Winners Announced: June 30
[/contest/letitglow/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and Monkeylectric a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.