Introduction: How to Enter the Pie Contest
Pies are wonderful treats that can be made hundreds and thousands of deliciously different ways and we want to see yours. Submit your favorite pies to the Pie Contest to win a hardcover copy of The Pie and Pastry Bible and an Instructables Robot t-shirt!
Pies can be tricky to make so show us the steps of the process. We want to see your tips for making the crust and see how the filling is prepared and everything else. Finish off with a mouth-watering picture of the result to make everyone want to make it and eat it as well!
The pie can be your own original creation or from a recipe that's been passed down. What matters is that the photos and descriptions are yours. This is a speed contest so it's only open for a little over two weeks.
Now go and bake up something tasty!
International entries are eligible.
There is no limit on the number of entries.
PrizesFirst Prize (2 winners)
A hardcover copy of The Pie and Pastry Bible and an Instructables Robot t-shirt.
Judges Prize (1 winner) One unique and creative pie will be selected by Instructables staff to win a hardcover copy of The Pie and Pastry Bible and an Instructables Robot t-shirt.
Runner Up (4 winners)
Instructables Robot t-shirt.
Open to enter: July 31, 2008 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: Aug 17, 2008 11:59 PM PST
[/contest/pie/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.