Introduction: How to Enter the Stay Warm Contest
We're in the middle of winter in the northern hemisphere, and it's getting chilly in our cozy homes. Heating up the space isn't cheap either, so it's time to insulate your walls, cook up some spiced cider, improve your radiators, or just make like Jimmy Carter and put on a cardigan.
We want to know what ways you're staying warm this winter without using of lots of fuel or energy in the process. Write up your favorite methods, and enter them into the Stay Warm Contest!
There are so many ways to stay warm!
You can improve your houses and apartment; knit, sew, or felt something warm and fuzzy; even make some delicious hot food and drinks to stave off the cold and snow. You might use your computer to help you control your heat more efficiently. Whatever the case may be, we want to see your favorite solutions.
The best Instructable will win a brand new sleeping bag so you can sleep in comfort whether you're camping above the snow line or couch surfing at a friend's house. Other prizes include hot chocolate, tea samplers, and t-shirts!
There is no limit on number of entries, but you can only win one prize per contest.
35F sleeping bag to keep you warm wherever you are.
Also, an Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Hot chocolate, Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Open to enter: 2009-01-12 00:00:00 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: 2009-02-09 00:00:00 11:59 PM PST
View Contest now!
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.