Introduction: How to Enter the April Fools Contest
Good-natured pranks, tricks, shenanigans, and more are all welcome on April Fools' Day!
We want to see what clever tricks you have up your sleeve, so we're having an April Fools Contest! Show us how you do your own prank and you could win some cool prizes! Just make sure it's all in good, clean fun - no dangerous or mean-spirited pranks, please.
This is a short contest, but it will end a few days after April Fools' Day. So if you want to keep your own prank a secret until after you've pulled it off, you have a few extra days to post it on Instructables.
We'll be giving away some cool books and t-shirts to the winners. Winners to be decided by a combination of user vote and Instructables judges. Full Instructables and slideshows will be eligible - just be sure to include enough information so someone else can repeat your work!
Now show us how sneaky you can be!
A copy of Cubicle Warfare: 101 Office Traps and Pranks.
Also, an Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Open to enter: March 20, 2009 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: April 6, 2009 11:59 PM PST
View Contest now!
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.