Make any sort of critter: cute or creepy, real or imagined, tiny or gigantic, or anything in between. The only requirement is that your critter uses at least some yarn. Take some pictures of your creation, upload them to Instructables, and tell us a bit about your work!
Naturally, amigurumi are welcome, and Lion Brand Yarn has lots of free amigurumi patterns. But feel free to let your imagination run wild! Check out the giant animals at Lion Brand's CHA booth for inspiration - they'll be at this year's Maker Faire as well.
This contest is open to both slideshow Instructables and full how-to Instructables.
• Slideshows require at least one overview image and one close-up photo of your critter! In-progress shots are also welcome in slideshows, and be sure to use the text space to share your inspiration and link to the pattern you used.
• Full Instructables give all the information someone would need to repeat your project. This includes the pattern, a description, and some in-process photographs as needed in addition to a snazzy photo of the finished product.
There are ten prizes: 5 will be awarded by user votes, and 5 will be awarded by our panel of expert Critter judges. So get started on your critters for a chance to win a gift certificate for Lion Brand Yarn, plus a t-shirt and a Pro membership from Instructables. We can't wait to see what you'll make!
• Enter as many times as you like, but each person can win only one prize.
• Only US and Canadian residents can win prizes, but the rest of you are welcome to share your projects in the contest group.
To enter the contest:
- Publish a new Instructable or slideshow that documents your creation
- In the publish page there will be an option to enter the contest. Check the box for the Critter Contest
- If you missed that check box, click this link to enter
$25 gift certificate from Lion Brand Yarn.
Plus an Instructables Prize Pack including a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Open to enter: March 24, 2010 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: April 25, 2010 11:59 PM PST
Step 1: Official Rules
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.