Make any sort of critter: cute or creepy, real or imagined, tiny or gigantic, or anything in between. The only requirement is that your critter uses at least some yarn. Take some pictures of your creation, upload them to Instructables, and tell us a bit about your work!
Naturally, amigurumi are welcome, and Lion Brand Yarn has lots of free amigurumi patterns. But feel free to let your imagination run wild! Check out the giant animals at Lion Brand's CHA booth for inspiration - they'll be at this year's Maker Faire as well.
This contest is open to both slideshow Instructables and full how-to Instructables.
• Slideshows require at least one overview image and one close-up photo of your critter! In-progress shots are also welcome in slideshows, and be sure to use the text space to share your inspiration and link to the pattern you used.
• Full Instructables give all the information someone would need to repeat your project. This includes the pattern, a description, and some in-process photographs as needed in addition to a snazzy photo of the finished product.
There are ten prizes: 5 will be awarded by user votes, and 5 will be awarded by our panel of expert Critter judges. So get started on your critters for a chance to win a gift certificate for Lion Brand Yarn, plus a t-shirt and a Pro membership from Instructables. We can't wait to see what you'll make!
• Enter as many times as you like, but each person can win only one prize.
• Only US and Canadian residents can win prizes, but the rest of you are welcome to share your projects in the contest group.
To enter the contest:
- Publish a new Instructable or slideshow that documents your creation
- In the publish page there will be an option to enter the contest. Check the box for the Critter Contest
- If you missed that check box, click this link to enter
$25 gift certificate from Lion Brand Yarn.
Plus an Instructables Prize Pack including a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Open to enter: March 24, 2010 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: April 25, 2010 11:59 PM PST