Introduction: How to Enter the Flower Contest
Show us flowers -- anywhere, not just in the garden or vase -- and enter our Flower Contest!
If you can think of a way to incorporate flowers into an Instructable, then we want to see it. The flowers can fresh, dried, painted, or crafted; they can be a decoration, an inspiration, an ingredient, or even real live flowers planted in dirt.
April showers bring May flowers, so show us some spring!
Make a great Instructable and win a sweet Fiskars bypass pruner and an Instructables Robot t-shirt!
We love pruners -- they're a handy tool, and help us trim everything down to the perfect size. Daisies too tall for your vase? Prune their stems! Your bonsai tree is growing wildly out of control? Prune it to a beautifully zen state! Your girlfriend just broke up with you but you already bought her flowers? Prune the petals off and give her the stems! (When you've got a pruner, everything looks like a stem.)
Here's some inspiration:
Got it? Now go show us some flowers!
Rules- Create a new Instructable that involves flowers and enter it between April 24 and May 11.
- International entries accepted
Open to enter: April 24, 2008 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: May 11, 2008 11:59 PM PST
Voting ends: May 15 12:00 PM PST
PrizesVoting Prize: Fiskars Bypass Pruner and an Instructables Robot t-shirt
Pageviews Prize: Fiskars Bypass Pruner and an Instructables Robot t-shirt
Judge's Prize: Fiskars Bypass Pruner and an Instructables Robot t-shirt
Runner Up: Instructables Robot t-shirt
[/contest/flowers/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.