Few things can change your perspective on life the way that a true adventure can. With gas prices going up, air fares climbing, and new luggage fees, travel is getting harder than ever, but it is still possible and just as necessary.
To encourage the adventuring spirit we want to know how you handle this new age of travel. Share your travel skills, secrets, and tips, or just explain a classic technique well. Whether it's a jungle trek or a weekend drive to Grandma's, how do you do it?
Enter the Lonely Planet Travel Tips Contest and win some sweet books fromLonely Planet to help you plan your next journey, wherever it may be!
If you're planning a trip, Lonely Planet books provide great inspiration to get out there and see the world. Lonely Planet is best-known for great guidebooks, but they've got some fantastic photo books as well. Check out theThe Cities Book,The Asia Book, andThe Africa Book. Three first prize winners will get to choose one of these books as well as get theBluelist 2008: The Best in Travel book, choice of a Lonely Planet guidebook, and an Instructables t-shirt. We want you to be ready to take on the world and look good doing it. Ten second prize winners will get a choice of a guidebook,Bluelist 2008: The Best in Travel, and an Instructables t-shirt. A dozen third prize winners will receive a phrasebook of their choice and an Instructables patch.
Your entries can cover any aspect of modern travel. How do you keep the kids occupied during long car trips? How do you pack light and avoid checking luggage? How do you explore foreign lands, see awesome sights, and not come back with a pile of debt?
Traveling for less means traveling smarter, so share your clever tips!
Here's some inspiration:
Open to enter: June 1, 2008 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: July 6, 2008 11:59 PM PST
Open to international entries.
[/contest/traveltips/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and Lonely Planet a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.