Introduction: How to Enter the Pocket-Sized Speed Contest
Winners announced! See who won here.
We live a lot of our life on the go so what can you make that can easily be slid into your pocket and carried around? Show us something cool and portable and win a t-shirt!
For this we are starting the Pocket-Sized Speed Contest!
The only restriction here is that the item you make must be able to fit into a pocket. This doesn't include those massive pockets on cargo pants or big jackets, either. We're talking about something that can slide into a regular pants pocket. As a rule of thumb, if you have to describe what type of clothing it's for, then it's probably too big.
This is a speed contest so there are only a couple of weeks to enter an item, but the judging will be done a little differently this time. After the contest has closed, a few judges will vote on the entries and those votes will be combined with the other votes to determine a winner. It may sound complicated, but we wanted to level the playing field for those who enter later and it'll all work out nice and easy.
Voting Prizes (2):
The authors of the two Instructables with the top votes will receive an Instructables Robot t-shirt as well as a Swiss+Tech Utili-Key that can fit inside any pocket.
Pageviews Prize (1):
The author of the Instructable with the most pageviews will receive an Instructables Robot t-shirt as well as a Swiss+Tech Utili-Key that can fit inside any pocket.
Random Prize (1):
One author selected at random will receive an Instructables Robot t-shirt as well as a Swiss+Tech Utili-Key that can fit inside any pocket.
Runners-up in the voting will receive an Instructables Robot t-shirt.
Open to enter: March 13 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: March 30 11:59 PM PST
[/contest/PocketSized/ View Contest now!]
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.