When I got home, I started checking it out and trying to add batteries to it. It was then that I realized that it not only was missing the batteries but also the battery pack. All that was left were two cut wires; so I found a few broken down electronics items that I could use to fix this multimeter device and restored it to working order. The following is a detailed explanation of how I did it.
Step 1: Materials
thin piece of sponge
small piece of foamed plastic
broken remote control from a toy for the battery connections
some wires from an old PC power supply
a wall wart
soldering iron and soldering wire