How to cook, peel and serve a hardboiled egg.
Step 1: Wash Hands
Before you do anything else wash your hands, no one wants to get sick or have dirt in there food.
Step 2: What You Need
-Pot (the kind for cooking)
Step 3: Get Some Water
You need to put the egg in the pot then fill it up with room temp. water until the egg is fully covered.
Step 4: Fire!
Put the pot with the egg in it over on the stove, turn your stove on medium heat.
Step 5: Wait for the Water to Boil
This is the boring part, there is no way to really speed up this part because you don't want the egg to get to hot to quickly or else it will crack. When the egg reaches a full or rolling boil you need to start your timer (or just look at the clock).
For a hard boiled egg, boil for 7 minuets
For a soft boiled egg, boil for 3 minutes
I attached a video of the egg at a full boil
Here is the video (I also posted It on youtube)
Step 6: How to Get the Egg Out Without Burning Yourself
Now you have let the egg boil and want to get to it, and save a trip to the hospital.
1. Put the pot with water and egg under the sink on an angle (so the water dumps out)
2. Turn your sink on cold and let it run for a few second
3. Remove egg, the egg will be cool to touch but still really hot on the inside
Step 7: How to De-shell the Egg
This is pretty simple but I'll post it anyway.
1. First take your egg then hit in on a hard surface so you get a nice crack in it.
2. Put your nail under the crack and begin to pull away the shell. There should be a shell layer then under that there should be a "skin" type layer. You want to get under the skin layer.
3. I find it easier to rotate the egg while I'm shelling it.
Step 8: What to Do With the Egg
I personally like to put it in the fridge till its cool (takes like an hour), then eat it with mustard. Alternatively you could make a deviled egg, by cutting the egg in half lengthwise scraping the yellow yolk out, then you mash the yolk up in a bowl with a fork. After which you add some mayonnaise and mustard to, put back in the egg and sprinkle with paprika, I'll post this one later.
Step 9: Special Thanks
Special Thanks to my mom who taught me everything I know about cooking, Including how to boil an egg.