*This is for iOS 5 devices, check out my iOS 6 tutorial
*If anything (unlikely) is to happen to your device in the process, I am not liable. I Have jail broken over 20 devices and have not hit a problem (with iOS 5)
Step 1: Tools
Windows or Mac Computer
Step 2: Instructions
1. Once device is recognized, open up absinthe.
2. If it says your iPod is connected, click jailbreak.
3. Once Cydia is installed, eject your iDevice and open up Cydia.
4. Cydia will say it needs to update packages and will close when done (let it happen)
5. Once it finishes process you are good to go!
* If you have attempted to jailbreak before (and failed) absinthe will fix
*For iOS 5 devices only, see my page for iOS 6 devices.