In this Instructable, I will show you how to jailbreak your Ipod Touch and update to 1.1.2. I will walk you through, step by step, to open your Touch for 3rd party applications.
*Warning: You do this at you own risk, I will not take any responsibility for what happens to your Ipod Touch!*
While you jailbreak your Ipod, there is just a small risk to brick your Ipod. In the most cases you can just restore your Ipod, I will tell you how in the first step. And again: I will not take any responsibility, when your screw up your Ipod.
What you need:
- an Ipod Touch (firmware 1.1.1, settings - general - about => version)
- a stable Wi-Fi connection
Note: When you look at the screenshots, you can see I'm dutch. But I hope they are clear enough.
Step 1: Safety Procedures
Before we are going to jailbreak your Ipod, I will tell you what to do, if your Ipod is acting weird.
1. Don't panic!
2. Plug your Ipod in your computer.
3. Press the wake-button and home-button at the same time, until you see the apple logo appear.
4. When you see the logo, let the wake-button go, but still hold the home button.
5. After a few seconds you will see the 'connect to itunes'-image. Let go the home-button.
6. Open Itunes and it should recognize your Ipod.
7. Click on restore.
8. If this don't work and you see only a plain screen, there's a big change that he's bricked.