I made it at TechShop. So, I had access to laser cutters and other cool tools.
See my video for the steps in action.
Step 1: Materials
* Picture: I got a souvenir picture from the DisneyWorld ‘Star Tours’ (Star Wars) ride. It was about 8x9 inches.
* Frame: Measure your picture and get a frame that allows for 1-½ to 2 inches of bezel around your visible photo. This will allow room for the design. (Tip: hobby/craft stores always have sales and coupons!)
* Matboard: Thick paper/cardstock used in picture framing. Get the same size or larger as your picture frame. Also, found at the big hobby/craft stores (e.g., Michael's, Hobby Lobby).
* Laser cutter
* Computer with Vector Drawing/Design Software (e.g., Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator)
* Themed vector artwork - in my case I’m using Star Wars and DinseyWorld artwork