WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Switch Plate from your light switch.(To Model Your Clay Switch plate)
Regular Polymer Clay (I Prefer Sculpey And Premo! Clay, But Use Whatever Works Best For You)
Glow-In-The-Dark Polymer Clay
Polymer Clay Tools
Step 1: Make the Base
2. Knead the clay until it's soft enough to mold.
3. Roll out the polymer clay until it is about half a centimeter thick.
4. Use the actual switch plate as a template to make sure your polymer base is the right size.
Step 2: Molding the Switch Plate Cover
2.Remember to cut out the center portion of your plate, as well as making holes big enough to attach the polymer plate over the actual plate with screws.
Step 3: Make It Glow-In-The-Dark!
2.Attach the shapes by pressing them onto your switch plate mold, you can also use a polymer adhesive to bond them together if your pieces are heavy.
3. Make sure your switch plate edges are smooth and all of your embellishments are attached well (this is also a good time to make sure your screws fit through their holes perfectly.
4.Bake your switch plate cover according to your polymer clays instructions.
Step 4: Install Your Switch Plate Cover
2. Place polymer switch plate over existing switch plate and re attach the screws (note, you may have to get longer screws at your hardware store to accommodate the added thickness.)
3. Enjoy your new Glow-In-The-Dark switch plate!