- Sheet metal (mine was 2' x 2')
- 1/4" nuts and bolts
- Access to a water jet cutter
- Brazing tools or Cold Weld
- Flexible LED Light Strip
Step 1: Design the Vector File
To do that:
- Draw the letter at a size that you think will fit onto your sheet.
- Turn the text into an outline with Text > Create Outlines.
- Draw a line across the corners of each let, then use Object > Path > Divide Objects Below.
- Now, select the whole thing, and copy / paste to create the second copy, then rotate and move that selection into place.
- Finally, nudge each leg to make more room, making sure to work on both copies simultaneously in order to ensure that the two copies stay exactly the same size. Keep toying around until you have an image that fits nicely.