- Mirrors: Three for each kaleidoscope
- PVC Pipe: One for each kaleidoscope
- PVC End Cap: One for each kaleidoscope
- Adhesive-backed Foam Strips: Three pieces for each kaleidoscope
- Foam Rope: Three pieces for each kaleidoscope
- Petrie Dishes: One for each kaleidoscope
- PVC Cement
- Transparent Tape: About one roll for every five kaleidoscopes
- Sharpie Markers: Permanent, in various colors
*pieces of sandpaper: About 100 grit
Pre-Step 2; Prepare the materials
1. Cut the acrylic mirror into strips. 7 7/8" x 1-1/8' x 1/8' finished size, Remember Height x Width x Length / HxWxL when looking at measurements
2. Cut the PVC pipe into 7-7/8 inch tubes. (1 And A Half Inches Wide) Clean The tubes
3. Drill holes in the center of the PVC end cap (Size Of Cap Needs To Fit The PVC Pipe
4. Cut the adhesive-backed foam weather stripping* into one-inch pieces.
5. Cut the foam rope into one-inch pieces. (Cut Into 1 Inch Long Pieces)
6. WARNING: If You Want A colored Kaleidescope, DONT DO THIS YET, If You Want One That Looks At Surroundings, Go Ahead And Do This Step.
Glue the bottoms of the Petri dishes** onto the PVC tubes. (60 mm x 15 mm Plastic Petri Dish)
*Weather Stripping is foam-like substance that is used on windows to stop leaks and form a sort-of-like air-tight seal
**A petri dish is a flat dish made of plastic or glass with a cover that is primarily used to grow bacteria.