First, you'll need to buy a few things to make it. Here's a shopping list:
1. A good-sized piece of Styro Foam or soft Foam. (This is going to be used to make the all important puppet head. So keep that in mind when deciding on a size. They usually come in blocks or spheres)
2. One yard of stretchy fleece. (Color of your choice, this is going to be the puppet skin.)
3. Some children's clothes. (I know it feels creepy, but go to Good Will and buy your puppet some clothes.)
4. Something to make the eyes. (I've used white plastic bottle caps, construction paper, chap stick caps, and those stick on googly eyes. Be creative!)
5. Some black and red felt.
6. Something for the hair. (This could be a cheap wig, pieces of felt cut into strips, or just a hat!)
7. Hot glue gun, or spray adhesive.
8. A needle and thread.