Fathers Day Contest
If you could just take a few seconds and vote for me. It would be extremely appreciated and I promise to keep bringing you awesome projects of mine in the future! Thank you!
My friend wanted me to make him a silhouette using a laser cutter.
He wanted to give it to his father for fathers day.
I had just a day to get the project done.
My friend had sent me the file and I used Adobe Illustrator to get it ready for the laser.
Materials list (I suggest you purchase this at Lowes)
4 - 1/4" 2'x3 Sheets of Oak Ply
1 - Can of black spray paint. I used flat.
I made this at TechShop Round Rock- Austin
Check this place out!
Step 1: Open the Photo in Adobe Illustrator
1. Select the photo using the selector tool.
2. Image Trace the photo. That option will appear in the top mid left part of the toolbar.
3. Bring the drop bar down and select Tracing Results with Outline
4. Hit Expand next to that drop down bar.
5. Select your line color.
5. Make your registration None
6. You should end up with the cut lines for your portrait.