(1) finished box with bottom with nothing inside
(2-3) finished cover with office supplies inside
(4) finished box with bottom (decorated)
Note: the ordering of the steps is not right, so go to step 5 then step 1. I couldn't reorder it somehow just because there was some sort of exception... =U
Step 1: Making a square sheet out of an 8 1/2 x 11 inch page
(2) next, take the top left corner of the page and fold it over onto the page just like the picture below
(3) make sure the corner is lined up directly with the edge of the page
(4) flip the page over (don't unfold the flap)
(5) fold the bottom flap, (the straight one), up so that it is like the picture(s) below
(6) you can flip the whole page over to check if the diagonal edges are perfectly lined up with the folded over flap; this is a very good idea if you terribly mess up!
(7) unfold everything so the page is laid out like the picture below
(8-9) to cut, or rip, the bottom flap off, you will have to keep folding the flap over and over again until it is weak enough to be torn off by hand
(10) if you don't want to risk the chance of ripping the page, you can use scissors! just cut along the straight line
(12) this is your finished product!