- Flower cookies made from your favorite sugar cookie recipe and cut using a tulip cookie cutter and a sunflower cookie cutter
- Royal icing in the following colors: green and pink for the tulips, yellow and brown for the sunflowers (I used one consistency for everything, a 12-13 second icing.)
- Icing bags or bottles, couplers, and tips (I recommend a #2 tip in this tutorial.)
- Sparkling sugar in green and pink for the tulip flower cookies (optional)
- Chocolate sprinkles for the sunflower cookies (optional)
- A clean (used for baking only) small paint brush (optional)
- A food coloring marker in any color (optional)
Step 1: Tulip Cookies
The next step for your tulip flower cookies is to use a food coloring marker to draw the outline of your tulip petals. Then, just as you did with the tulip stem, use pink royal icing to outline and immediately fill just the middle petal. While the icing is still wet, apply pink sparkling sugar to the area and shake off any excess. Wait about 20 minutes for the middle petal to dry and then outline and fill the rest of the tulip with pink royal icing. Let your flower cookies dry overnight and use a #2 tip to draw the outline of any petal details that you want to add.
Step 2: Sunflower Cookies
For more creative sweets made simple, visit sugarkissed.net or stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.