WARNING: The oil is hot and care must be used while handling this product and storing it way from the children!
Step 1: Supplies
- Round toothpicks.
- 1Small glass vial or wide mouth glass jar
- Cinnamon oil, or Mint oil
- Scotch tape
- Wax paper
- Altoids can
- 1 More mini tall thin glass vial or plastic sterilized medicine bottle
Step 2: Soaking the Tooth Picks
- Pour a very small amount of the flavored oil into the bottom of a glass jar.
- Place the tooth picks in the jar.
- Seal with the lid.
- Let them soak over night.
- While they are soaking you can decorate the Altoids can.
Step 3: Decorating the Altoids Can
- Trace the lid on construction paper.
- Cut out the shape.
- Tape it to the can.
- Decorate it with the stickers.
Step 4: Make the Bag
If you will not be using a jar to put the finished toothpicks in you may make a wax bag like this:
- Simply tear off a strip of wax paper.
- Fold it double strength.
- Fold it into 1/3's to form a match book cover. When you fold it, it will form the bottom.
- Tape the seam secure.
- Place the finished toothpicks into the bag.
- Turn down the flap.
- Add a label, sticker, and/or bow.
- Staple it closed.
Step 5: Drying the Tooth Picks
- Place a napkin on a plate.
- After soaking the toothpicks over night remove them from the jar and spread them out on the napkin to dry.
- Allow to dry until there are no drops or oil on the toothpicks.
- If after a few hours and they are not dry, pat them with a napkin.
- Place them into a small tall thin glass jar. Glass is best but plastic will work.
- Or you may make a wax paper bag and put them in that.
Step 6: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts.
Thank you for stopping by and please do come back very soon. I have more tutorials lined up for Halloween. Take care and have a Happy and safe Halloween!