Introduction: How to Make Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream
Check out the printable recipe here: http://vegetarianbaker.com/red-velvet-cake-ice-cr...
Valentine's Day is a day to spend with your loved ones. It is a holiday filled with wine, chocolates, and roses. This can be true even if you don't have a significant other. I wanted to share with you a fun recipe that can help you celebrate Valentine's Day, but also one you can enjoy year around. Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream is delicious. It's crazy how much I enjoyed this recipe. I am not a fan of really rich, dye flavored cakes, but this ice cream definitely cut that down for me. This recipe isn't vegan, but is vegetarian. If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram(@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbs Red Food Coloring
- 4 Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Make sure the ice cream maker is prepared and ready to go before starting.
- Beat sugar and eggs for 5 minutes until light and airy.
- Add the heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, and red food coloring. Mix until combined.
- Break apart the Red Velvet Cupcakes and place into the mixer. Mix until combined.
- Pour the ice cream base into your ice cream maker and churn according to the makers instructions.
- Place into a freezer safe bowl to harden and store.